Frequent relocations are an accepted part of military life. Moving is challenging and can be disruptive and stressful to DoD personnel and their families. Being prepared is the key to a successful adaptation to the demands of the mobile military lifestyle.
- Relocating/PCS 101
- Pros and Cons of a DITY Move
- Moving and Relocation Allowance
- Temporary Lodging Allowance and Expenses
- Relocating as a Military Family
- Moving Overseas: Your Belongings
- Guide for Military Families on the Move
Militaryhomestore.com is a great resource to post and search for off-base homes for sale & for rent near U.S. military bases.
Your moving experience begins when you receive your Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders. The information above will give you a head start on what to expect, who you need to contact and what you need to know.