Military Discount Travel & Providers
Planning a vacation or quick getaway, you’ll go far by checking out the travel specials only available to military personnel.
There is no such thing as a perfect vacation. It’s good to remember that plans can go awry and tempers can flare just as they can at home. Equally important is planning ahead with each family member’s needs and interests in mind.
A vacation can be more successful if you do some planning and talking about everybody’s expectations.
Continental Airlines offers a Military Leave Fare Desk
(877) 263-5937 – Hours of Operation 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Central time, Monday – Sunday
Continental Airlines offers a special Toll Free Number for troops stationed in Germany 800 000 4878. Ask for a Military Leave Fare.
Continental Airlines is working with the Blue Star Moms organization to offer military personnel and their eligible family members special "Military Leave Fares". These fares should be booked through a designated group of Continental employees that can be contacted by calling 1-877-263-5937. Be sure you ask for the "Military Leave Fare" rate. You can also enquire by email.
Disney Cruise Lines – Let your dreams set sail on a new kind of Disney vacation.
Priceline Flights – Travelers can choose their exact flight & time, or "Name Your Own Price" to save up to 40%.
Travelocity – Hotel Savings Alert! Save up to 50% on Your Hotel with Travelocity.
American Airlines offers “Comfort For Returning Soldiers”. Admirals Club® Lounges Welcome U.S. Troops
American Airlines invites U.S. military men and women, returning on Emergency or Rest and Relaxation (R&R) Leave from Operation New Dawn (OND) or Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF), to spend time between flights at an Admirals Club lounge. This includes family members and relatives accompanying military personnel traveling while on leave from OND and OEF. U.S. troops are given complimentary admission in airports that host Admirals Club locations where USO facilities are not available or not within a reasonable proximity to their connecting domestic flight.
The following criteria is required for complimentary admission:
- Soldiers on Emergency or R&R leave who are traveling on military charters from Operation New Dawn (OND) or Operation Enduring Freedom (EOF)]
- Soldiers wearing their appropriate travel uniform
- Soldiers having leave forms (DD 31) stating they are on leave from OND or OEF
The program is effective December 12, 2003 through the end of the R&R program.
US Airways offers special rates to military personnel traveling on an officially excused absence and to discharged personnel within seven days of discharge. Special rates are also applicable for military dependents. Children are eligible for the military dependent fare as follows:
- An individual who is at least 15 years old must accompany children under the age of 5 on all sectors in the same compartment.
- Children ages 5-14 may travel unaccompanied only on nonstop flights.
- Children 15-17 are accepted without restrictions.
Special rates are not available to personnel on temporary duty orders traveling to or from their temporary duty station. For more information about Military Leave travel, call US Airways at 800-428-4322.
Go Greyhound and get a 10% Discount with their Military Fare.
Best Western is pleased to offer low discount hotel rates for military personnel traveling on official business or leisure.
U.S. Military Can ‘Let the Memories Begin’ in 2011 With Special Ticket and Room Offers at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts. Save up to 40% on rooms. See more at Disney’s Military Sales page.
Tents for Troops is a non-profit organization that provides FREE RV and camping sites to all active military and their families.
Space available travel, commonly known as Space-A, is a way for military personnel and their families to ride free or for a small fee.
Immediate family members of military personnel have the opportunity to travel within the continental US on military aircraft on a space available basis under an extended pilot project. The one-year test policy began on April 1, 2003 and was set to expire on March 31, 2004. Now, officials have decided to extend the program pending the issuance of final rules to make the family friendly benefit permanent.
Learn more about the Space-A program and how you can take advantage of this great opportunity.
Armed Forces Vacation Club (AFVC)
The AFVC is a "Space-A" vacation condominium rental program developed to benefit members and employees of the US Uniformed Services, National Guard and Reserves.
Condos at privately owned resorts normally sit empty when the owners aren’t using them. Now, rather than let these condos go unoccupied, AFVC makes them available to eligible individuals for a flat rate of only $349.00 per week!
How do I find out if I am eligible?
You are eligible to participate if you are a:
- Member of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependant (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy; active duty and both active and inactive reserve and National Guard)
- Foreign exchange service member on permanent duty with the Department of Defense
- Retired Member of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependant (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy)
- Civilian employees of the DoD (appropriated, non-appropriated, or retired) or an adult dependant
- American Red Cross personnel serving overseas with the U.S. military
- DoD Dependant School teacher or an adult dependant
- Disabled American Veteran @ 100% with 2765 ID Card
Do I have to be a member to use the condominiums, or listen to a presentation?
There are no membership applications to fill out, fees or dues to pay, or timeshare presentations to attend.