Boot Camp Quiz…Are You Ready?
by SGT Michael Volkin
In The Ultimate Interactive Basic Training Workbook, hundreds of questions and answers to prepare recruits for basic training are covered. Below is a quick self diagnosis so you can test your readiness.
1) If your Drill Sergeant tells you to fix your snake, what is he referring to?
- A) The buttons on your uniform
B) Your fly/zipper
C) Your shoelace
D) The sling on your weapon
2) The letter “R” in the military phonetic alphabet stands for:
- A) Romeo
3) A Drill Sergeants hat is called a ________ hat.
- A) Campaign
4) Motivational singing while marching is called what?
- A) Alto belting
B) A cadence
C) Octave marching
D) Singing while marching
5) If a Drill Sergeant tells you to be in formation in 45 seconds, you should be there in:
- A) 15 seconds
B) 45 seconds
C) One minute
D) Whenever you feel like it
The answers are below. 90% of boot camp can be taught in the comfort of your own home. If you got any of the above questions wrong, you need to hit the books. It’s better to learn now on your own terms than at basic training under your Drill Sergeants terms.
Answers: 1)C 2)A 3)A 4)B 5)A