By Marine Corps Installations West Public Affairs Office
MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP PENDLETON, Calif.- Camp Pendleton residents and visitors may need to adjust accordingly around road and gate closures, during of the 4th of July Beach Bash at Del Mar Beach.
The following roads will be closed for the duration of the event, from 6 a.m. until 11:59 p.m., to all motorists:
– Del Mar Gate (residents exempt)
– Beach Front Road
– Harbor Road
– Krause Street
– 8th Street between C Street and Harbor Road
– Boat Basin Road
– 12th Street West of C Street
– 5th Street
A Street Bridge will be closed to pedestrian traffic. The alternate venue to watch fireworks is the Pacific Events Center.
Individuals wishing to access Del Mar Beach will be directed to designated parking areas. Shuttle services will be available from Del Mar Beach to Sharkey’s.
Egress Traffic Flow Changes: (8:30 p.m. – 11:59 p.m.)
No traffic will be allowed into the Del Mar Area after 8:30 p.m. The Del Mar Gate will be open to Del Mar residents and emergency vehicles only.
All traffic exiting Camp Del Mar after the fireworks display will be directed onto A Street. All A Street lanes to Vandegrift Boulevard. will be designated outbound only.
Once on A Street, outbound traffic in the right two lanes will only be allowed to make a right hand turn and exit the Main Gate. Outbound traffic in the center lane will only be able to access Wire Mountain Road.
Outbound traffic in the far left lane will only be permitted to make a left turn onto Northbound Vandegrift Boulevard. Residents of Del Mar housing and appropriately placarded vehicles will be allow to egress out the Del Mar Gate.
Del Mar Residents:
Residents of Del Mar housing will have access to and from housing via the Del Mar Gate throughout the event. Del Mar residents are reminded that traffic will be extremely heavy at times.
Music will begin at 6 a.m., and end by 11 p.m. At 12 p.m., there will be a 21- gun salute to begin the festivities.
· No glass of any kind on the beach
· No charcoal barbeques of any kind are allowed on the beach. Small gas grills are authorized.
· No kegs allowed on the beach
· Consumption of alcoholic beverages is restricted to the beach (sand) area and is not allowed in parking lots or on roadways.
· Coned off lanes for emergency vehicle must be kept clear at all times.
· Handicapped placards will be checked for registered owner, violators will be prosecuted.
· Alcohol sales on the beach will end at 8:30 p.m.
· Failure to follow military police, firefighter or lifeguard instructions will result in the removal from Camp Del Mar.
· Open flame fires are prohibited, except those which are contained within the concrete fire rings provided on the beach.
· All portable pop up canopies must remain east of the lifeguard cone path.