The Coast Guard compensation system currently has several separate types of pay, special pay and allowances. Allowances are monetary amounts (often non-taxable) that are paid to an individual in lieu of furnished quarters, clothing and subsistence. They are very important because they make up a large majority of a servicemember’s pay.
- Military and Civilian Clothing Allowances
- Moving and Relocation Allowance
- Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) Rates
- Cost of Living Allowance (COLA)
- Family Allowance
- Basic Allowance for Substance (BAS) Rates