Your earnings depend on your rank, your job and even your education level. The higher you go, the more you make. Every day, every hour you serve, you’ll be adding even more to your paycheck. Check out the current rates for your pay:
- Enlisted Pay
- Warrant Officer Pay
- Officer Pay
- Drill Pay
- Annual Training Pay
- Incentive and Special Pay
Move up in rank fast
You may qualify for an advance in grade and “move up a rank” if you have certain skills that have been acquired through civilian experience or education, under the Civilian Acquired Skills Program (CASP) Bonus program. Your commanding officer will be able to help you determine if you meet the requirements.
An advance in grade may also be available for the following:
- Soldiers who refer new recruits through the Stripes for Buddies program.
- Serving 2 or 3 years in high school ROTC (JROTC)
- Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) for College ROTC
- Completing college hours (more hours = more advancement)
- Boy Scouts Eagle Certificate Form 58-708, or Girl Scout Gold Award Certificate
- Split Option Training
Pay increases with rank and time in service. You’ll also receive a yearly cost-of-living increase. In addition to your basic military pay, you’re eligible for tax-free housing and food allowances.