The mission of the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society’s (NMCRS) education programs is to help eligible Navy and Marine Corps service members and families pursue their academic goals by providing a source of education financing. Scholarships and no-interest loans are available ranging from $500 to $2,500 per year.
The Gold Star Program provides academic grants for the following:
- The USS STARK Memorial Fund
- The USS COLE Memorial Fund, and
- The Pentagon Assistance Fund (PAF)
In order to qualify for this program students must be the unmarried child of marine or sailor:
- who died on Active Duty
- who died while in a retired status
- who died as a result of the attack on the USS Stark
- who died on the USS Cole
- who died in the terrorist attack at the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 2001
- be under 23 years of age at time of applying.
- be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 or higher, and
- funds can only be used in a traditional classroom setting.
To review a complete list of eligibility rules and to fill out an scholarship application, visit www.nmcrs.org.