In honor of World Breastfeeding Week 2012, the 31st Medical Group is sponsoring several events to promote and educate women about breastfeeding July 30 – Aug. 4.
World Breastfeeding Week promotes and supports breastfeeding mothers across the globe. The annual observance highlights the importance of communication between physicians and mothers, and ensures all parties have the education necessary to make them successful.
Robyn Roche-Paull, author of “Breastfeeding in Combat Boots” will be guest speaking at several events. This year’s events are as follows:
- “HAZMAT and Breastfeeding: What you need to know” July 30 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the 31st MDG conference room.
- “What you Need to Know About Body Modification and Breastfeeding” July 30 from 6:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the 31st MDG conference room.
- “Pumps and Pumping in the Military: Oh My!” July 31 from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Aviano Community Center.
- “Strategies to Support Breastfeeding in Combat Boots” July 31 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Aviano Community Center.
- Coin Ceremony and Luncheon Aug. 1 from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at La Bella Vista Club. Anyone wishing to attend must register by July 25.
- “Breastfeeding Awareness Stroll” Aug. 4 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Dragon Fitness Center track. The event will include food, a bouncy castle, car seat safety checks and educational materials.
For more information about World Breastfeeding Week events, contact the lactation consultant at DSN 632-9010 or visit Aviano Air Force Base