MAY 17, 2019 – In Our Boots is the U.S. Army’s new recruitment marketing effort for prospective recruits. This is an immersive virtual reality experience to inspire and inform brave young men and women when it comes to considering a future in the U.S. Army. By engaging with In Our Boots, the young Americans will experience, what it is like to be an Army Soldier on a mission with their team.
The prospects can follow the following career fields as they lead their teams through high intensity missions:
- Special Operations Sniper
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician
- Tank Commander
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operator
The integrated campaign can be experienced through the interactive campaign landing experience (goarmy.com/inourboots) or In Our Boots app that will be available for download on iOS, Google Play and Oculus GO stores.
Based on consumer data along with predictive analytics, Army Marketing and Research Group (AMRG) has designed a more holistic marketing campaign personalized to reach a specific audience, and is currently being used to reach audiences in the Chicago area.
AMRG will continue to:
- Communicate and inform the Army mission to prospects and their influencers through TV commercials, digital, paid search, billboards, and social media ads.
- Market innovative efforts to appeal to prospect audience between the ages of 17-24.
- Utilize the personalized and holistic marketing campaign strategy, being used in Chicago, in five other areas to include Boston, Dallas and Minneapolis.
- Use digital and social media to engage with prospects and influences and drive them to GoArmy.com.
- Market in a strategically integrated way, in order to maximize return on investment.
In Our Boots gives prospective recruits an authentic view into what it is like to step into the boots of a U.S. Army Soldier. By informing the young Americans, the Army gets quality individuals to speak to recruiters and enlist into the Army.
Provided by Army Marketing and Research Group