6/27/2013 – JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas (AFNS) — Eligible active duty aviators have until Sept. 30 to apply for the 2013 Aviator Retention Pay Program, Air Force officials said today.
The purpose of the program is to retain highly-qualified aircrew members at a fraction of the cost incurred to train new rated officers, said Lt. Col. Stuart Rubio, Air Force Rated Force Policy-Mobility Forces Chief.
“In addition, we preserve a fully-ready cadre of aircrew officers, eliminating years of necessary tempering and experience,” he said.
ARP provides eligible pilots and combat systems officers with monetary incentives in exchange for active duty service commitments of three, four or five years, or up to 20 years of aviation service.
“The program has significantly changed to target specific rated categories expected to be critical to new mission growth and inventory shortages,” Rubio said, advising interested aviators to carefully review this year’s program.
The fiscal year 2013 program is focused on five groups:
– Pilots who are reaching the end of their initial undergraduate flying training commitment
– RPA (11U) and fighter (11F) pilots who are reaching the end of their initial undergraduate flying training commitment
– Fighter CSOs (12F) who are reaching the end of their initial undergraduate flying training commitment
– CSOs (12U primary Air Force Specialty Code only) who have not reached 12 years, 364 days total active federal military service.
– Uncommitted pilots who have not reached 12 years, 364 days TAFMS and have completed 11 years of pilot aviation service.
Applicants must be lieutenant colonels and below with no more than 22 years of aviation service, qualified for operational flying duty, and entitled to and receiving aviator pay. Monetary incentives for those who qualify vary depending on aviator category and number of years he or she commits. Annual payments range from $15,000 to $25,000, with some categories eligible for 50 percent up front.
For complete eligibility requirements and application instructions, visit the myPers website at https://mypers.af.mil, and enter “PSDM 13-55” or “ARP” in the search window.