JUNE 10, 2016, PHOENIX – In honor of National Military Appreciation Month in May and upcoming patriotic holidays, PetSmart has expanded its patriotic-themed services aimed at honoring the service and sacrifice made by the nation’s men and women in the military. Now through July 4, 2016, $1 from every Patriotic Top Dog Package and other select grooming, PetsHotel and training purchases will go to the nonprofit Canine Companions for Independence. Over the past two years, PetSmart and its customers have donated more than $250,000 to Canine Companions through this philanthropic program.
“Since the launch of our collaboration two years ago, Canine Companions for Independence has placed personal assistance dogs with 44 veterans and helped to get an additional 81 veterans on the path to having a dog,” said Joanna Zucker, VP of Services for PetSmart. “These patriotic services, and the proceeds that are donated to Canine Companions through shopper purchases, are just one way that PetSmart is able to say thank you to the brave men and women in our military.”
$1 from the sale of each patriotic package will go toward the Canine Companions for Independence’s Wounded Veterans Initiative. The philanthropic patriotic services* are available in-store now through July 4, 2016 and include:
- Patriotic Top Dog and Select Grooming Services: Choose from select PetSmart grooming packages that include an assortment of patriotic add-ons, including patriotic bandanas and collar charms, as well as a red (cherry), white (coconut) and blue (blueberry) signature scent.
- Yellow Ribbon Pet Expressions**: Show patriotic support with a washable yellow ribbon stencil.
- Treat Time at PetsHotel and Doggie Day Camp:
* Dog-friendly ice cream with crunchy biscuit topping
* Snack KONG (PetsHotel offering only): a fun KONG toy stuffed with tasty filling
- Pet Training: Pet parents can choose any six week pet training class
Companions’ Wounded Veterans Initiative to help partner assistance dogs with the military veterans who need them. Since 1992, Canine Companions has placed 144 dogs with military veterans, with the number of dogs placed tripling since 2008. Many of those dogs are with men and women who served in Iraq and Afghanistan and returned with spinal cord injuries, limb amputations or deafness. PetSmart’s support also helps to raise awareness of service dogs among veterans and other pet parents. Veterans can visit any PetSmart store and learn about Canine Companions and what they need to do to get their own service dog.
All services are subject to availability.
Not available in SC, Boulder, CO & select cities in CA. Colors may vary by salon. Available to puppies 12 weeks and older.