MAY #, 2016, WASHINGTON (NNS) – The fiscal year 2016 and 2017 Aviation Department Head Retention Bonus (ADHRB) for active duty aviators was released in NAVADMIN 099/16 and for Full-Time Support (FTS) aviators in NAVADMIN 100/16, May 2.
Here are eight things to know about ADHRB:
1. ADHRB provides incentives to retain skilled pilots and naval flight officers (NFO) to fill critical aviation billets and is part of the Aviation Career Continuation Pay (ACCP) program.
2. Active duty officers who sign ADHRB contracts incur five years of obligated service and agree to be considered by the Aviation Department Head Screen Board (ADHSB) and, if selected, to accept department head orders and complete a department head tour.
3. FTS officers who sign the ADHRB contracts incur three years of obligated service to finish their department head tour and accept a follow-on assignment.
4. Active duty aviators who accept ADHRB are eligible for the Career Intermission Pilot Program (CIPP). Officers interested in both ACCP and CIPP should contact the ACCP program manager and their detailer for more details.
5. Aviators with an active duty service obligation (ADSO) that expires in FY16 and FY17 are eligible to apply. FY16 and FY17 ADSO cohorts have separate programs with the same total bonus amounts:
HM Pilot ———- $75,000
HSC Pilot ——— $75,000
HSL/HSM Pilot —- $75,000
VAQ Pilot ——– $125,000; VAQ NFO —— $100,000
VAW/VRC Pilot — $125,000; VAW NFO ——- $75,000
VFA Pilot ——— $125,000; VFA NFO ——– $75,000
VP/VQ(P) Pilot — $75,000; VP/VQ(P) NFO — $75,000
VQ(T) Pilot ——- $75,000; VQ(T) NFO ——- $75,000
6. FY16 ADHRB is paid out in five equal annual installments. To promote early commitment, FY17 ADHRB is paid out in six equal installments if the contract is signed prior to September 30 and changes to five equal annual installments if the contract is signed on or after October 1.
7. The FTS FY 16 Aviation Department Head Retention Bonus is paid out in installments over three years for FTS aviators. Total bonus amounts are:
HM Pilot ————— $30,000
HSC Pilot ————– $45,000
HSM Pilot —————$45,000
HT Pilot ————— $15,000
VAQ Pilot/NFO ———- $30,000
VFA/C Pilot ————-$75,000
VP Pilot/NFO ———- $30,000
VR Pilot ————— $75,000
VT(JET) Pilot ———- $45,000
VT(PROP) Pilot/NFO —- $30,000
8. For details and eligibility and application procedures for active duty go to http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/officer/Detailing/aviation/OCM/Pages/ACCP.aspx; for FTS go to http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/officer/Detailing/fulltimesupport/Pages/Aviation.aspx.
To read the complete NAVADMINs go to http://www.npc.navy.mil.