At this point you must decide if you want to pursue an Enlisted position or an Officer position in the Navy. Your decision may be based on if you want to join right away, if you want to finish college before joining, or if you want to complete a college degree while you are in the Navy. Your recruiter will help you fill out your application.
Make sure you have the following information available when applying as an Enlisted candidate:
- Birth certificate
- Medical records
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Social Security card
- Citizenship certificate (if applicable)
- Four character references
- Complete list of places you’ve worked
- List of all the places you’ve lived
- List of all the places you’ve lived outside of the U.S.
- Any information involving the police and drug use
Make sure you have the following information available (plus the information above) when applying as an Officer candidate:
- College transcripts
- Medical/dental certifications and licenses (if applicable)