* Updated November 2015
Before heading off to the Marine Corps Basic Training, or (bootcamp), there are a few things you must remember to bring, but most you will leave behind. A lot of future recruits wonder what they can bring to Marine Corps boot camp. The answer is that the Marine Corps will issue you everything you need, including letter writing gear and underwear.
Things to Bring to Boot Camp:
- Recruiter info and packet
- Picture ID
- SSN (card)
- Any college you have completed (proof) if it has not been entered by your recruiter
- High school Diploma if it has not been entered by your recruiter
- A few pictures (no obscene ones) well if you bring obscene I will keep them
- Address (not a book) just a sheet of paper with the address of the people you want to write
- Stamps (1 book) you can buy more on your first PX visit
- No more than $10.00
- Wear trousers with a belt and a shirt tucked in
A large number of recruits bring any and everything with them, such as cell phones, iPods, pens, paper, hygiene gear, and so on. All these things will be taken away from you. We will do massive amounts of paper work for the electronics and then store it and throw everything else away. You DO NOT nee any extra clothes, shoes, book bags, or fanny packs. Pretty much nothing, unless it is listed above. Do not wear a Marine shirt. You are asking for it if you do.
Step 1: Is the Marine Corps right for me?
Step 2: Decide if You’re Ready
Step 3: Choose the Right Path for you
Step 7: Get Ready for Bootcamp