The Marine Officer is first and foremost a leader of the Marines. The Marine Corps has three types of commissioned officers: Warrant Officers, Limited Duty Officers, and Unrestricted Line Officers.
Some of the jobs you could expect to be become a part of would be a Pilot Helicopter, Weapons and Tactics Instructor, Landing signal Officer, or Aviation Safety.
Limited Duty Officer
Some of the careers you could expect as a Limited Duty Officer would be a Fixed Pilot, Landing, or Aviations Officer.
Careers within this field officer would include a Forward Air Controller, FRS Basic Pilot, Basic Weapons Systems Officer (WSO), Weapons and Tactic instructor, or a Basic or qualified Electronic Warfare Officer.
Here are just a few additional Careers that you expect as a Marine Corps Officer:
- Marine Air/Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Intelligence Officer
- Counterintelligence Officer
- Imagery Interpretation Officer
- Interrogation-Translator Officer
- Weapons, Infantry, and Logistics Officer
- Civil Affairs
- Field Artillery Officer
- Naval Gunfire Spotter
- Assault Amphibious Vehicle (AAV) Officer
- Marine Wing Weapons Unit Officer