Members E-4 and above who receive basic pay are eligible for Career Sea Pay (CSP) when:
Assigned permanently or temporarily to a ship, ship based staff, or aviation unit, as long as the primary mission of the ship is accomplished while underway
- Assigned permanently or temporarily to a vessel whose primary mission is accomplished in a port that is considered to be more than 50 miles away from the home-port
- Serving as a member of the off-crew as part of a two-crewed submarine
Restrictions on Payment
- CSP is not payable to members en route and from ships outside the continental U.S. (OCONUS).
- Not paid to members while on board ships for transportation, regardless of the length of time.
- Midshipmen, aviation cadets, and academy cadets are not authorized CSP, and it cannot be paid to an enlisted member who is also receiving HDP-L for the same period of service.
Specific rates payable range up to $520.00 per month. In addition, a CSP Premium of $100.00 per month is authorized for some members beginning with the 37th consecutive month of sea duty.