* Updated November 2015
Your Army Recruiter should give you a list of what you can and cannot bring. While it may be cool in high school to loosely interpret rules, don’t try this in boot camp. If it isn’t on the list, don’t bring it. Drill Sergeants have a way of using selective new recruits to demonstrate the failings of civilian society for the rest of the recruits.
- Expensive personal items: cellphones, cameras, jewelry and expensive electronics are hard to safeguard during training.
- Privately owned vehicles
- Nonprescription drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Steel hair picks
- Razor blades
- Weapons of any type, including pocket knives
- Obscene or pornographic material
- Alcoholic beverages
- Playing cards/dice/dominoes
- Cigarettes/tobacco products
- Batteries (except size “D”)
Here is the list of what to bring to boot camp. It will make your time at boot camp much more pleasant.